Home > Advanced Search
EU fund and EU Call for proposals for non profit-organisations
Non-governmental, non-profit making organisations and civil society organisations are gathered here under keyword "Associations".
They are a natural target group eligible for a vast part of EU funding, as they are involved in many areas covered by EU policies on a non-profit basis, a necessary condition for receiving funding from the Union.
Funding is available both under direct access programmes run by the Commission and under programmes financed through structural funds, which are to be asked at the regional authorities.
Over 1 billion euros a year are allocated to association projects directly by the Commission, (in the field of external relations for development cooperation, human rights programmes, and, in particular, humanitarian aid (which accounts for 400 million euros)).
Other important allocations are in the social (70 million euros), educational (50 million euros), and environmental sectors within the EU.
In practical terms, an association may receive two types of funding:
* In case of a proposal for a concrete project under an EU Community action programme which covers the association’s area of activity and, if successful, this particular project will be co-financed by the EU through an action grant.
* Under some programmes, and provided the association 'pursues an aim of general European interest or has an objective forming part of a European Union policy', the EU may directly subsidise the organisation through an operating grant.
If this is the case, the grant is based on the European scope and dimension of the association’s activities.
The following list provides you with all the European funds available in the field of non-profit organisations:
Most downloaded documents
+33 1 42 54 60 64
You will find 184 European subsidies and calls for proposals available for non profit-organisations
- EURIMAGES - (1.) EUROPEAN CINEMA SUPPORT FU...
- ERDF - (1.) EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT F...
- EASI - (1.) EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL INNOVATIO...
- ERDF - (1.2.) EUROPEAN TERRITORIAL COOPERAT...
- DCI - INSTRUMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION
- ERASMUS PLUS
- CONSUMER PROGRAMME
- European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rig...
- Pilot projects and preparatory actions of the E...
- IPA - Flood recovery-Housing Interventions - Bo...
- EDF - Support to Education in the Somali Federa...
- EDF - Grants to Civil Society Organisations (CS...
Training and Seminar
Improve your skills
The essential tools
Experts at your disposal
keywords and definitions
All information on EU Subsidies for non profit-organisations
Given that the exit of the United Kingdom from the ...
Lobbying Horizon 2020 How to Create a strategy of influence to benefit your research?Paris 21 October 2016
EU funds from the European Commission: How to apply ?Brussels 16 November 2016 - 17 November 2016
Reporting & Management: How to successfully manage a 2014-2020 EU funded project?Brussels 18 November 2016