Home > Advanced Search
EU fund and EU Call for proposals for non profit-organisations
Non-governmental, non-profit making organisations and civil society organisations are gathered here under keyword "Associations".
They are a natural target group eligible for a vast part of EU funding, as they are involved in many areas covered by EU policies on a non-profit basis, a necessary condition for receiving funding from the Union.
Funding is available both under direct access programmes run by the Commission and under programmes financed through structural funds, which are to be asked at the regional authorities.
Over 1 billion euros a year are allocated to association projects directly by the Commission, (in the field of external relations for development cooperation, human rights programmes, and, in particular, humanitarian aid (which accounts for 400 million euros)).
Other important allocations are in the social (70 million euros), educational (50 million euros), and environmental sectors within the EU.
In practical terms, an association may receive two types of funding:
* In case of a proposal for a concrete project under an EU Community action programme which covers the association’s area of activity and, if successful, this particular project will be co-financed by the EU through an action grant.
* Under some programmes, and provided the association 'pursues an aim of general European interest or has an objective forming part of a European Union policy', the EU may directly subsidise the organisation through an operating grant.
If this is the case, the grant is based on the European scope and dimension of the association’s activities.
The following list provides you with all the European funds available in the field of non-profit organisations:
Most downloaded documents
+33 1 42 54 60 64
You will find 206 European subsidies and calls for proposals available for non profit-organisations
- RIGHTS, EQUALITY AND CITIZENSHIP PROGRAMME
- DCI - INSTRUMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT COOPERATIO...
- ERASMUS PLUS
- ACP PROGRAMME (1.) (2014-2020)
- HORIZON 2020
- CONSUMER PROGRAMME
- JUSTICE PROGRAMME
- Justice Programme - 4 Year framework Partnershi...
- EIDHR - Cameroon - 2017
- EDF - Skills and technical education programme ...
- EIDHR - Country Based Support Schemes - Philipp...
- DCI - Conservation, Sustainable Use and Governa...
Training and Seminar
Improve your skills
The essential tools
Experts at your disposal
keywords and definitions
All information on EU Subsidies for non profit-organisations
Given that the exit of the United Kingdom from the ...
HORIZON 2020 Management & Reporting: Administrative and financial management of HORIZON 2020 contractsBrussels 23 February 2017 - 24 February 2017
Marie Curie grants: How to successfully apply for Marie Curie fellowships?Paris 10 April 2017
EU funds from the European Commission: How to apply ?Brussels 17 May 2017 - 18 May 2017