Home > Advanced Search
Eu funds for for research
The long-term aim is to develop and implement the European research and innovation policy with a view to achieving the goals of Europe 2020 and the Innovation Union. This brand new approach aims at investing in innovation in the crucial and challenging areas for the European society like for example: climate change, energy issues, food security, health and ageing of the population. The goal is to approach 3% of EU GDP for research and development.
Commission’s Communication from 2010 on the Phare Initiative Europe 2020: Union for innovation emphasises the following objectives :
- Development of knowledge and skills
- Innovative entreprises
- Actions to promote creativity
- Increased social and territorial cohesion
- Establishing of partnerships for innovation
- Increasing of the impact of external cooperation policies
FP7 is sub-divided into four sub-programmes:
- The Cooperation Programme aims to stimulate cooperation and improve links between industry and research within a transnational framework,
- The Ideas Programme is intended to enhance exploratory research in Europe, i.e. aimed at discovering new knowledge that fundamentally changes our vision of the world and our way of life.
- The People Programme will harness significant financial resources that can be used to improve the career prospects of researchers in Europe and attract more high-quality young researchers.
- The Capacities Programme is intended to give researchers powerful tools that will enable them to enhance the quality and competitiveness of European research.
Furthermore, the 7th Framework Programme finances the direct actions of the Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the actions covered by the Euratom Framework Programme in the fields of research into fusion energy and nuclear fission and radiation protection.
The following list gives you all the European funds available in the field of Research:
- Grants from the European Research Council
- European Investment Bank loans
- EUROPE FOR CITIZENS (Action 2.1 - Structural support for European policy research organisations (think-tanks))
- BONUS 169 - JOINT BALTIC SEA RESEARCH PROGRAMME
- EUROPEAN METROLOGY RESEARCH PROGRAMME
- RESEARCH PROGRAMME FOR COAL AND STEEL
There is 106 European subsidies and calls for proposals avaible for for research
- Creative Europe
- HORIZON 2020
- ERDF - European Regional Development Fund
- LIFE 2014-2020 - Climate action
- HORIZON 2020 - JTI ECSEL - Electronic Compo...
- HORIZON 2020 - JTI BIO-INDUSTRIES
- HORIZON 2020 - JTI FUEL CELLS AND HYDROGEN ...
- HORIZON 2020 - JTI CLEAN SKY 2
- HORIZON 2020 - JTI -- JOINT TECHNOLOGY INIT...
- HORIZON 2020 - PES 3 - Marie Skłodowska-Cu...
- HORIZON 2020 - PES 2 - Future Emerging Tech...
- HORIZON 2020 - PES 4 - European Research In...
- COSME - Access to finance for SMEs
- EUREKA - Call for Joint Collaborative Project Propos...
- European Health Award 2014
- FP7 - EuRoC - Call for End Users, Technology Develo...
- FP7 - CONNECT2SEA - European and South East Asian IC...
- Industrial relations and social dialogue - Improving...
- FP7 - EuRoC - Call for challengers - 2013
- HORIZON 2020 - Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions - COFU...
- Call for expressions of interest for scientific expe...
- ICI - Instrument for Cooperation with Industrialised...
- EUREKA - EUROGIA 2020 call for proposals - 2014