1.14 billion euro for the Eurostars programme

July 15, 2013

Funding Scheme: 2013-07-15

Pgm2014 2020: Yes

Amorce:

The European Union has announced that the Eurostars programme will benefit from 1.14 billion euro under the 2014-2020 programming period. The new Horizon 2020 programme will contribute by 287 million euro and 861 million euro will be added by the countries participating in Eurostars.

Eurostars is a specific programme supporting research and development for high-tech SMEs.

Text:

This new investment represents an increase of more than 200% to the programme’s preceding mandate under FP7, the total budget of the programme under the last seven year financing framework of the European Commission being of 400 million euros. Eurostars, is financed for 25% by the European Commission, the remaining 75% being supported by its national members.

Eurostars is the only Europe-wide funding programme to be specifically designed for innovative Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). The renewal of a substantial backing of the Commission and national agencies taking part in the programme shows dedication to the Eurostars mission in delivering and promoting market-oriented transnational research. Eurostars’ objective of placing new or improved products, processes and services on the market to boost European competitiveness has a proven track record of  stimulating economic growthwith new jobs. 

Url description: Eureka network website

Url: http://www.eurekanetwork.org/about/-/journal_content/56/10137/2130840

Url info description: Eureka network website