37,3 million euro to support the economy and youth in eastern EuropeSeptember 19, 2016
Hat: 37,3 million euro to support economic safety in eastern Europe
Funding Scheme: 2016-09-19
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
The Eastern Partnership (EaP) is a component of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP). Founded in 2009 in Prague and reaffirmed in 2015 in Riga, this partnership calls to share human rights, democracy and liberty values accross Ukraine, Moldovia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Belarus and Armenia.
The European Union has decided to fund 37,3 million euro into the Eastern Partnership in order to hold Riga’s engagments. The granted funds can be divided into 5 categories:
– EU4Youth: Actions to support the youth in many fields (20 million euro)
– Integrate SMEs from those countries into domestic and global value chains (6 million euro)
– Maritim safety, security and maritin environment protection in the Black and Caspian seas (4 million euro)
– Introduction to an automatized border video control between Ukraine and Belarus (800 000 euro)
– Global grant for Eastern Partnership for 2016 (6,5 million euro).
Url description: Press room - European commission