Atlantic Area Transnational Cooperation ProgrammeNovember 18, 2015
Hat: Atlantic Area Transnational Cooperation Programme
Funding Scheme: 2015-11-18
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
The Commission adopted today the 2014-2020 Atlantic Area Transnational Cooperation Programme, worth €185.3 million with a contribution from the European Regional Development Fund of €140 million.
Fostering innovation, promoting a resource-efficient economy, protecting the Atlantic territory against risks of natural and human origin and promoting the natural and cultural assets are the key focuses of the programme.
The programme promotes cooperation between 38 regions from 5 EU Member States: France, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and the United Kingdom, including the outermost regions of the Canary Islands (Spain) and the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira (Portugal).
The programme’s four priorities are:
– Boosting innovation and competitiveness, accelerating smart growth;
– Fostering a resource-efficient economy, promoting the use of renewable energies;
– Strengthening the territory’s resilience to risks of natural, climate and human origin;
– Supporting a better protection and management of the territory;
– Protecting the biodiversity and promoting the cultural and natural assets of the region.
>>> Read: Atlantic Area Transnational Programme
Url description: InfoRegio