Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Applicants must be located in a EU member state or in any country eligible to the 10th EDF
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance public participation in democratic governance
and to improve service delivery
Priorities and funded actions:
This call is divided into two lots
– Lot 1: To support and strengthen NSAs capacities and actions in the area of media development
– Lot 2: To support NSAs actions to promote access to justice
– Supporting gender equality
– Supporting efforts which contribute to community empowerment and ultimately greater social accountability broadly through media development and access to justice interventions
Among financed actions
For both lots:
– Coalition-building and support to strengthening networks of civil society actors that may facilitate coordination and advocacy
– Lobbying and advocacy activities directed towards policy actors, including local and national decision-makers
– Activities that facilitate contact, consultation, discussion and cooperation between different
– Activities aimed at awareness raising to encourage public discussion and dialogue between policy actors, citizens and civil society
– Research and impact assessments
For Lot 1
– Activities aimed at developing capacities of civil society organisations, media and other stakeholders for better monitoring of delivery and quality of public services
– Activities which promote development issues and messages to audiences using multi-media approaches (which may include performing arts, visual arts and social media)
– Monitoring the implementation of government’s implementation of programmes, their action plans and indicators
For lot 2
– Providing services such as legal advice and counselling, conflict resolution, reconciliation and mediation, court representation, litigation and appeals, investigation, prosecution, and prison visits
– Providing victim support, home-based care and rehabilitation