Sectors: Health, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Services, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to halve by 2015 the proportion of the population without sustainable access to basic sanitation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve basic sanitation at household and community levels in intervention areas
– To construct sanitation facilities: at community level: laundry facilities to be constructed at each water kiosk, with the option of adding bathing and toilet facilities; at household level: materials to be provided to households to build their own VIP pit latrines and/or septic tanks
– To educate and train communities: basic hygiene and sanitation efficient water use and storage waste disposal
Among financed actions
– Activities that ensure that the actions above can be implemented successfully
– Activities to ensure transparency and participation of final beneficiaries and communities
– Activities to enhance visibility