Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Energy, Environment
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
11th EDF – Action for sustainable landscape management in São Tomé and Príncipe – 2020
Funds for: optimising the contribution of land to agriculture, food security, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and the preservation of ecosystems and of the essential services they provide
Priorities and funded actions:
* To implement integrated landscape approaches and investments in sustainable land management that conciliate and meet multiple objectives throughout the territory of São Tomé e Príncipe, in particular climate change, ecosystem preservation and sustainable management, and food security
* Scalable pilot initiatives that help conciliate different land uses, foster innovation and lessons learning are field tested and deliver multiple agricultural, climate and biodiversity-related benefits;
* Improved land governance and management systems are promoted, notably through better cross-sectoral coordination, enhanced participation of land users and local stakeholders, including local communities, women, and the private sector, in land-related decisions, and other appropriate land governance measures;
* The capacities of actors and institutions for sustainable landscape management are enhanced
* Management of the national protected areas, and their buffer zone (research on the ecosystem services, improved revenue generation and management model);
* Sustainable family farming (strengthening of value chains and of the biodiversity conservation benefit component on the certification process of the agricultural products);
* Promotion of stakeholder platforms at the landscape level to facilitate a sustainable management of land uses
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 60 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation;
– Be established in a European Union member state, or in an African country;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
* Actions must take place in the following country: São Tomé e Príncipe