Sectors: Co-op & Development, Gender equality, Information, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
The lead applicant must be established in South Africa or in a Member State of the European Union or other eligible countries as per the relevant provisions of the DCI regulation. If the lead applicant is established in a Member State of the European Union and other eligible countries (except South Africa), a minimum of two South African co-applicants are required.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ACP – Enhancing Accountability in South Africa – 2020
Funds for: Improving public governance in South Africa.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To reinforce the role of civil society, the private sector and specific State Institutions to enhance accountability, democratic engagement and transparency in South Africa.
* Priority 1: Reinforcement of the capacities of CSOs in enhancing accountability.
* Priority 2: Increased opportunities for engagement between civil society, the public sector and the private sector.
* Priority 3: Improved transparency in the public and private sectors.
* The cross-cutting priorities of this call for proposals are: Capacity development, Gender equality, Rights-based approach, The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
Among financed actions
* To strengthen existing frameworks, legislation, requirements and processes;
* To help with the establishment of new vehicles to allow for greater transparency, access to information, monitoring of policy implementation, opportunities for engagement, and responsiveness by the public sector and private sector.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action: Between 36 and 66 months.
– Be a legal person and
– Be non-profit-making and
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisations, citizens’ groups, organisations representing economic and social interests, community organisations, advocacy organisations, women’s and youth organisations, research organisations, academic institutes, think tanks, education institutions, independent foundations, public bodies, media groups and international (inter-governmental) organisations as defined by Article 43 of the Implementing Rules to the EC Financial Regulation, and
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary, and
– Be able to demonstrate to have carried out activities in the field covered by the Call in the past three years in South Africa, and
– Actions must take place in South Africa.