Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Justice - Security, Public Management, Services
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Gambia-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Serra Leone, Togo.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase public awareness and political commitment in the fight against money laundering (ML) in ECOWAS countries.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To design and implement a mechanism to regularly monitor progress on the effective implementation of AML preventive and enforcement measures, as well as of anti-corruption measures;
– To encourage investigative journalism on issues related to ML, governance, corruption and development;
– To increase awareness among parliamentarians, senior public officials and politically exposed persons on the negative effects of ML and public corruption on development;
– To develop and compile awareness-raising tools already existing at the regional level and to share them online.
Among financed actions
– Wide-spread publication of reports (online, the media, social networks …);
– Capacity-building training for journalists on research and investigation related to AML (e.g, workshops, coaching…);
– Implementation of a sub-regional communication plan with a large variety of adapted support in order to increase public awareness (advertising in the media, theatre sketchs, radio content, debates, Rap /Hip hop music, social networks, comics in newspapers or on the internet,…);
– Online publication (creation of a website or internet platform, publication in social networks, links in specialized institution’s websites,…).