Sectors: Health, Social Affairs, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
List of eligible countries: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prag/document.do?locale=fr
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ACP – Strengthening the role and contribution of civil society in improving local governance and sanitation in the towns of Nkayi and Owando – 2020
Funds for: improving the living conditions and attractiveness of the towns of Nkayi and Owando
Priorities and funded actions:
* Sanitation of the urban environment and improvement of hygiene practices of the population;
* Improving local governance, gender-sensitive and community participation, especially of women
* Establishment of a waste management service in the cities of Nkayi and Owando;
* Accompanying households in bringing their wastewater management facilities up to standard at the plot level;
* Supporting the population in understanding the issues related to the proper management of sanitation systems, both at the collective and individual levels;
* Supporting civil society, especially women’s organizations, in their role as spokespersons and intermediaries between the population and the local authorities
Amongst financed actions
* Workshops for consultation with civil society;
* Identification of target households;
* Diagnosis of existing wastewater management systems;
* Recruitment and training of pre-collection operators;
* Preparation for dialogue between the authorities and CSOs;
* Coaching of CSOs;
* Purchase of small equipment;
* IEC activities
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 44 mois
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit;
– Be civil society organizations;
– Be established in one of the countries eligible under the ACP-EC Partnership Agreement