Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP countries: Malawi
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support the effective implementation of the Government of Malawi’s NAS for sugar with a poverty reduction focus.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Increasing the hectarage of irrigated sugar cane grown by out-growers
– Increasing the number of sugar cane out-growers in Malawi
– Fostering collaboration between out-growers and NGO’s/private sector as a key priority
– Technical, Economic and Agronomic, Feasibility and Sustainability
– Sustainable Development/Policy Alignment
– Integration of Cross-cutting Issues
Among financed actions
– Land development
– Capacity building of farmers and management organisations
– Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)