Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support Civil Society Organisation’s capacity building, sustainability, effectiveness, transparency and accountability, to reinforce CSO’s involvement and impact in policy-making and actions in the public interest, as well as CSO’s cooperation with other stakeholders to jointly tackle societal needs.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen Civil Society in the Turkish Cypriot community and make it more effective, sustainable, accountable, independent in its action to the benefit of the public;
– To enhance CSO’s meaningful participation in policy- and decision-making;
– To foster partnership and dialogue between the Cypriot communities and sectorial cooperation with various stakeholders (including EU CSOs and platforms) to jointly tackle societal needs
– Strengthening Civil Society Capacities and Horizontal Measures;
– Increased exchanges, joint actions and mutual trust between communities;
– Increased exchanges and collaboration with EU CSOs, EU-wide NGOs and NGO networks and support to the creation/adhesion to/reinforcement of relevant networks/platforms
Among financed actions
– Actions for development of standards for good governance in CSOs including capacity building and improving internal democracy, transparency and accountability;
– Actions for increased visibility of CSOs and their contribution to public benefit;
– Actions aiming to raise the awareness on and/or promote reforms, international standards, practices that protect fundamental rights and freedoms such as the freedom of expression, opinion, association, assembly, the right to take part in cultural life, the right to access to information, and all other social and political rights