Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Employment
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Schools, Training centres
Regions: Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Northern Cyprus
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance education and lifelong learning opportunities in the northern part of Cyprus, with a more holistic approach to allow for full participation of individuals in society, as well as allowing for innovation and creativity, and promotion of skills and “key competencies” which are vital in a knowledge based society.
Priorities and funded actions:
Lot 1: Innovation and Change in Schools
A. Improving the quality and efficiency of education and training
B. Promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship
Lot 2: Improving Employability
A. Making lifelong learning a reality
B. Enhancing Entrepreneurship
Lot 1: A. Improving the quality and efficiency of education and training
– Improving child-centred learning capacity with focus on key competencies
– Improving teaching capacity in line with global and EU trends through teacher’s training programmes
Lot 1: B. Promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship
– Fostering further learning, active citizenship and intercultural dialogue
– Promoting joint projects between Turkish Cypriot and Greek Cypriot schools in order to foster reconciliation between the two communities
Lot 2: A. Making lifelong learning a reality
– Enhancing lifelong learning opportunities – on vocational and labour market related skills and competencies – including training and re-training of unemployed and employed to contribute to competitiveness and employability
Lot 2: B. Enhancing Entrepreneurship
– Improving entrepreneurial skills by enhancing creativity and innovation, at all levels of education and training
Among financed actions
– Peer learning activities
– Teacher training and job shadowing
– Study visits
– Acquisition of material and equipment
– Development of lifelong learning programmes
– Activities/events/competitions for promoting and boosting entrepreneurship and/or LLL
– Vocational training programmes
– Training of Trainers activities