Sectors: Co-op & Development, Information, Local development, Research, Services, Tourism
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to design innovative transnational products capitalising on European shared cultural and/or industrial heritage, with a view to contributing to diversify European tourism offer and/or economic regeneration and job creation in declining (post) industrial regions.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals is divided into 2 themes
– Theme A : Cultural tourism (1 000 000 euro)
– Theme B : capacity building schemes for accessible entrepreneurship and management in tourism (650 000 euro)
– To help the design of tourism strategies
– To promote tourism in regions in crisis or in conversion, in order to boost employment and growth in these regions
– To facilitate exchanges of good practices, the development of networks and of discussion platforms between public decision-makers and the private sector, in the fields of cultural and industrial tourism
– To facilitate and stimulate public-private partnerships and the integration of enterprises of the cultural tourism sector into regional development strategies
– To improve the quality of the European tourism offer by a strengthened cross-border cooperation
– To strengthen the management skills of public or private bodies in charge of developing thematic tourism products
Among financed actions
– Combination of industrial heritage and living industry
– Products around world-known historical figures or European events
– Products around coastal and maritime heritage
– Products targeting diasporas
– “Spiritual” routes
– Gastronomic routes with a European narrative
– Routes starting or ending outside Europe