Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Employment, Industry, Information, Innovation, Local development, Social Affairs, Trade
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The pilot project aims at providing a platform for exchange of knowledge on low-impact offshore fishing techniques among fishermen from the outermost regions with a view to developing and optimising these techniques and with the principal objective of alleviating fishing pressure on the coastal fish resources.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Raising awareness of the opportunities to develop innovative fishing techniques allowing to divert fishing effort away from the coastal resources
– Developing and testing low impact fishing techniques adapted to the biogeographical conditions of each OR
– Creating alternative sustainable fishing opportunities that will help to consolidate jobs in the fishing industry and ensure a steady supply of fisheries products to local markets
– Exchanging of best practice on low-impact offshore fishing techniques between ORs, which will also do good to overseas countries and territories (OCTs) and third countries
– Improving communication among the OR’s fishing sectors as part of the good functioning of the Advisory Council on Outermost Regions
Among financed activities
– General management and implementation of the project
– Provision of scientific and technical support to the different phases of the project
– Provision of material, services and logistics for the execution of the project
– Collation of existing technical information on experimental fishing conducted on off-shore fishing grounds carried out under scientifically controlled conditions and properly documented