Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Local development, Social Affairs, Trade
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific : Cameroon
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the sustainable development of the banana sector in Cameroon that contributes to the national economic grotwth, by improving the commercial balance of the country, and generating tax revenues and employment, thus participating in poverty reduction and maintaining the social and political stability of historically sensible regions of Mungo and Fako.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Sustainable improvement of the competitiveness (quality and quantity) of the banana sector in Cameroon, while enhancing activities in favour of profitability on the world market, with strict respect of the social and environmental standards
– Improve the country commercial balance
– Contribution to the raise of agricultural productivity and consolidation of the return of 50t/ha
– Diversification of production in crop rotation with the banana for a better management of fallow land and the sanitary conditions of the lands
– Reduction of other costs, management charges, and general costs
Among financed actions
– Reorganisation operations on production areas
– Finish to modernise the irrigation network and the reconversion of above tree irrigation into an under tree irrigation
– Continue to improve the drainage system of plantations
– Reconversion of former plantations to more recent ones, more productive, more resistent to stress and phytosanitary problemmore adapted to specific area’s soil and climate
– Modernising and structural and sustainable optimisation of tree nurseries