Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Local development, Social Affairs, Trade
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific : Cameroon
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the sustainable development of the banana sector in Cameroon that contributes to the national economic growth, by improving the commercial balance of the country, and generating tax revenues and employment, thus participating in poverty reduction and maintaining the social and political stability of historically sensible regions of Mungo and Fako.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Sustainable improvement of the competitiveness (quality and quantity) of the banana sector in Cameroon, while enhancing activities in favour of profitability on the world market, with strict respect of the social and environmental standards
– improve the country commercial balance
– to insure the economic sustainability fo the sector by raising the productivity (return of 50 t/ha, and lower costs of production)
– to improve the working and living conditions of the workers
– to improve the environmental conditions of the production
– to achieve economies of scale by doubling the production within 10 years
– to develop cross sector actions between operators
– to improve the approach strategies on the market and the commercial valorisation
– accompanying measures for the governance, monitoring and assessment of the sector
Among financed actions
– To carry out an Environmental Effects Report before any extension of plantation on new plots of land
– Extension of plantations
– Modernising and creating packing stationto face the bigger expected production
– Creating primary runways and bridges to access the new production place
– Transport equipment for fruits (cableway, transport)
– Installation of irrigation and drainage networks
– Building social infrastructures (canteen, changing room)