Sectors: Economy - Finances, Public Management, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Federations Unions, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The present Call for Proposals is a response to the European Parliament’s initiative with a view to support actions that would contribute to an increased sustainability of companies in Europe by facilitating the transfer of companies that have no successor or are in financial difficulties to their employees/workers in the form of a cooperative.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the environment for transferring businesses to employees/workers organised in a cooperative form and to raise awareness about the benefits of a cooperative model
– Projects that will best ensure the transfer of knowledge and expertise of transferring businesses to employees/workers between the Member States where the tradition of the cooperative movement is well developed and those Member States where such tradition is weak, and benefits offered by the cooperative model are not sufficiently well known
Among financed actions
– identification and assessment of the existing legislative, regulatory and administrative practices and support schemes that are related to cooperatives and/or are applied in the process of transferring businesses to employees/workers
– development of a common methodology that could be used across Europe to produce comparable information on transfers of businesses to employees / workers organised in the form of a cooperative
– development of trans-European methods, training modules, practices and tools for advisors in business transfers on issues related to transfers to employees/workers and to the cooperative model
– organisation of cross-border dedicated trainings/workshops/seminars for business transfer advisors to test new methods/training modules, practices and tools, including the ways of assessing their efficiency and adaptability
– promoting the option of transfers to employees/workers among entrepreneurs, employees / workers, as well as business associations, trade unions, financial institutions, credit groups and investment banks, trade associations, business support providers, public authorities etc
– ensuring a proper transfer of knowledge and expertise on transferring a business to employees/workers and the cooperative model between the administrations of Member States with a long cooperative tradition and those where the cooperative model is not sufficiently well known and recognised