Sectors: Culture - Media, Information, Innovation, New technologies, Services
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to maintain and further deployment of Europeana’s core service platform, and the related membership/partnership programmes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To find efficient solutions for the trans-European accessibility of digital resources of European heritage in order to increase their cross-border visibility, use and take-up, and to help realise their full economic potential
– To make 100 million objects accessible through Europeana by 2020
– Enhance data and aggregation infrastructure to ensure preservation of access to the content already accessible; improve data and metadata quality; enable the ingestion of new content, seeking to balance geographical spread; optimise interaction with aggregators
– Improve content distribution mechanisms (API, mobile mechanisms and apps) to maximise visibility, user engagement and take-up; develop partnerships with communities such as Wikipedia, Facebook or Pinterest to bring the digital content to places where users have the habit of going to accelerate discoverability and use
– Encourage new content holders to join Europeana, fostering their active involvement; seek representation of a broader range of stakeholders from distribution channels and re-user communities to engage new audiences
– Provide information on conditions for re-use, licensing services and/or direct access to the content, fostering the development of value-added services and the innovative re-use of cultural assets
– Support interaction with the stakeholder community by organising pan-European events and fora for discussion
– Develop strategies and business models to move towards self-sustainability