Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enable projects of common interest to be prepared and implemented within the framework of the trans-European networks policy in the energy sector. In particular, the call shall contribute to supporting energy infrastructure projects of common interest that have significant societal benefits and that ensure greater solidarity among Member States, but which do not receive adequate financing from the market.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Ending energy isolation
– Eliminating energy bottlenecks
– Completion of the internal energy market
– increasing competitiveness by promoting the further integration of the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders;
– enhancing the Union security of energy supply, and
– contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources and by the development of smart energy networks.
Among financed actions
– high-voltage overhead transmission lines, if they have been designed for a voltage of 220 kV or more, and underground and submarine transmission cables, if they have been designed for a voltage of 150 kV or more;
– concerning in particular electricity highways; any physical equipment designed to allow transport of electricity on the high and extra-high voltage level, in view of connecting large amounts of electricity generation or storage located in one or several Member States or third countries with large-scale electricity consumption in one or several other Member States;
– electricity storage facilities used for storing electricity on a permanent or temporary basis in above-ground or underground infrastructure or geological sites, provided they are directly connected to high-voltage transmission lines designed for a voltage of 110 kV or more;
– transmission pipelines for the transport of natural gas and bio gas that form part of a network which mainly contains high-pressure pipelines, excluding high-pressure pipelines used for upstream or local distribution of natural gas;
– underground storage facilities connected to the above-mentioned high-pressure gas pipelines;
– reception, storage and regasification or decompression facilities for liquefied natural gas (LNG) or compressed natural gas (CNG);