Sectors: Any fields
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
To realise its full potential, the Europeana collection must be maintained, enhanced and made more visible, allowing more content holders to connect, developing the mechanisms, relationships and processes to distribute improved data, and enforcing standards in interoperability of data, rights and models to foster user engagement and facilitate creative re-use.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To seek, process and implement user feedback to offer a viable variety of options for users to discover, use and engage with content they like; refine fitness for purpose of value propositions in interaction with all target user groups; ensure that the platform functionality and other services meet those purposes;
– To optimise data and aggregation infrastructure; work with content holders to improve data and metadata quality and sharing; create and implement efficient ingestion procedures for providers and aggregators; enable incorporation of new content, seeking to broaden the overview of Europe’s cultural heritage; encourage new content holders to join Europeana, fostering their active involvement;
– To improve content distribution mechanisms to accelerate discoverability, maximise visibility and take-up, and foster creative re-use in third-party products and services;
– To improve/widen distribution channels through strong relationships and joint ventures with a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. apps developers) and CCIs to engage new audiences;
– To coordinate, sustain and grow the network of data partners and experts;
– To maintain an international, interoperable licensing framework catering for the needs of data partners, users and creative re-use;
– To implement existing, and – where appropriate – develop new strategies, services and business models to help move towards financial sustainability;
– To make all necessary dispositions to host the projects funded under generic services.