Sectors: Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Services, Transport
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Federations Unions, International Organisation, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The improvement of transport safety and security remains amongst the key objectives of the common transport policy, and the Trans-European transport Networks (TEN-T) Guidelines aim at ensuring the necessary infrastructural conditions for all transport modes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Directive 2004/54/EC establishes minimum safety requirements for tunnels in the transeuropean road network and 2008/96/EC provides an EU-wide basis for road infrastructure safety management
The TEN-T Guidelines and the Commission Delegated Regulation 885/2013 provide for the provision of appropriate parking space in line with the needs of society, of the market and of the environment, offering an appropriate level of safety and security:
– Article 39: development of safe and secure rest areas on motorways of the core network and for the provision of relevant information services
– Article 13: improvement of level crossings of railway lines of the trans-European network
Among financed actions
– Provision of technical assistance for the implementation of traffic and travel data specifications and standards
– Stakeholder consultation and cooperation