Sectors: Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information, Justice - Security, New technologies, Public Management, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to deploy services that help make the Internet a trusted environment for children through actions that empower and protect them online.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To set up and expand national platforms to run a range of Safer Internet services
This call for proposals is divided into 3 components
– Component 1: an awareness centre for informing children, their parents and teachers about better and safer use of the Internet, building on enhanced digital resource centres
– Component 2: online helpline services for reporting and dealing with harmful contact, conducts (cyberbullying) and contents
– Component 3: a hotline for receiving and managing reports and data on online illegal child sexual abuse
* Component 1
– To evaluate the impact of the awareness campaigns on the target groups and provide qualitative and quantitative feedback at European level through the core service platform
– To establish and maintain partnerships and promote dialogue and exchange of information with key players (government agencies, ISPs, user organisations, education stakeholders)
* Component 2
– To offer one-to-one conversations, online and/or by telephone, with trained helpers in real time to give advice and support to parents and children on issues related to their use of online technologies
– To draw up operating guidelines in compliance with national law, including data protection rules
* Component 3
– To establish and/or operate a hotline to receive information from the public relating to illegal content in respect of child pornography, racism and xenophobia
– To draw up a manual of procedures in cooperation with law enforcement authorities and in accordance with best practice guidelines