Sectors: Information, New technologies, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, International Organisation, Media and cultural organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Member States of the EU
* Member States of the EEA
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
CEF Telecom – Blockchain – 2020
Funds for: enhancing the cybersecurity, performance and privacy features of existing European Blockchain Service Infrastructure nodes in the Member States (EBSI), to set up new EBSI nodes in the Member States and supporting the deployment of selected use cases, and to support capacity building and training activities targeting a broader uptake of the EBSI by public services
Priorities and funded actions:
* EBSI (European Blockchain Services Infrastructure) infrastructure development and operations;
* Support to the acquisition of services and applications for participation of the Member State in one or more EBSI cross-border use-cases;
* EBSI capacity building and training activities;
* The improvement of existing EBSI node(s) operating within the Member State with enhanced technical features, which may include energy efficiency, cybersecurity, data protection, privacy and/or performance;
* The development and delivery of “user-focused” training programmes to public institutions and agencies, presenting EBSI and explaining the open technical specifications;
* The setting up of a national helpdesk to support the testing of EBSI across different public administration systems wihtin the EU Member States or EEA countries participating in the CEF Telecom programme and in the European Blockchain Partnership;
* Development of specific tools and technical resources that will assist the national public administrations in adopting the EBSI
Among financed actions
* Only actions contributing to “projects of common interest” as identified in the Telecom Guidelines
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposal
* Initial duration of the action: 24 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a public or private entity;
– Be establisehd in a Member States or a EEA country;
– Provide an endorsement letter from the national representative in the European Blockchain Partnership (EBP) Policy group
* The action must take place in an EU member state an EEE country