Sectors: New technologies, Telecommunications, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
To implement transport infrastructure projects (studies and works) on the core network corridors, and to increase the use of private finance in trans-European transport infrastructure financing as an alternative and complement to the traditional grant funding and plug financing gaps for strategic investments.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To bring missing links, to remove bottlenecks, to enhance rail interoperability, and, in particular, to improve cross-border sections;
– To ensure sustainable and efficient transport systems in the long run, with a view to preparing for expected future transport flows, as well as enabling all modes of transport to be decarbonised through transition to innovative low-carbon and energy-efficient transport technologies, while optimising safety;
– To optimise the integration and interconnection of transport modes and enhancing the interoperability of transport services, while ensuring the accessibility of transport infrastructures.
– Pre-identified projects on the Core Network Corridors (railways, inland waterways, roads, maritime and inland ports);
– Pre-identified projects on the other sections of the Core Network (railways, inland waterways, roads, maritime and inland ports);
– Rail interoperability;
– Deployment of innovation and new technologies in all transport modes, with a focus on decarbonisation, safety and innovative technologies for the promotion of sustainability, operation, management, accessibility, multimodality and efficiency of the network;
– Safe and secure infrastructure;
– Actions implementing transport infrastructure in nodes of the Core Network, including urban nodes;
– Connections to and development of multimodal logistics platforms.
Among financed actions
– To develop, improve or adapt a new technology or an innovative solution and implement it in order to test its feasibility and suitability as well as its added value before deploying it on a larger scale;
– To deploy an existing technology, infrastructure or service in order to gain experience and/or create market conditions for deployment on a larger scale.