Sectors: Economy - Finances, Energy, Industry, Information, Innovation, New technologies, Research, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU; Iceland; Norway
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The purpose of this call is to select a single organisation which will coordinate the Copernicus programme on behalf of the Commission.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the number of users of Copernicus data and services;
– To maximize the socio-economic benefits of Copernicus
– Raise awareness of the opportunities offered by Copernicus data and services;
– Train potential users on how to access and use Copernicus data and services;
– Stimulate the generation of new business ideas based on Copernicus data and services;
– Support the development of a thriving Copernicus downstream eco-system, by favouring cooperation between multiple stakeholders (small and large companies, universities and research centres, public authorities…)
Among financed actions
– Financial support to the organisers of 20 hackathons per year for two years (€20 000 per hackathon);
– Coordination of the programme, in particular: communication about the programme to maximise the number of applications organisation of the open selection of hackathon projects;
– Advice, speakers, material, design of a standard agenda, access to IT tools etc;
– Secretarial support to the programme (day-to-day interactions with applicants and organisers of hackathons) and reporting to the Commission