Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Energy, Environment, Health, Innovation, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Only applications from legal entities duly established in the following countries are eligible:
– EU Member States;
– countries participating in the COSME programme pursuant to Article 6 of the COSME Regulation : Montenegro, North Macedonia, Turkey, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Iceland, UK
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
COSME – Creating Links for the Facilitation of Public Procurement of Innovation – 2020
Funds for: launching a second experimentation of the innovation procurement broker model with the aim of demonstrating the relevance and effectiveness of the cooperation model between various stakeholders supporting through public procurement the promotion of innovation and the support to economic operators, in particular SMEs and start-ups
Priorities and funded actions:
* To demonstrate the relevance and effectiveness of the method developed as part of the InnoBroker 1 pilot project and, if necessary, improve it by exploring other ways of cooperation;
* To make the cooperation model sustainable in order to develop the role of these brokers in accelerating the roll-out of public procurement for innovation in Europe;
* Develop and strengthen adequate links between public administrations, ecosystem of innovation and the private sector in order to exploit the purchasing potential of public buyers. Here the main goal remains to create new opportunities for SMEs and/or start-ups to develop new products, services and to grow or scale up their operations;
* Support the growth and development of innovative SMEs and start-ups by making it easier for them to address public demand through participation in public procurement of innovation and by creating a business-friendly environment by reducing the administrative burden on SMEs (improving conditions for businesses);
* Ensure the European dimension of the solutions to be brokered.
This call for proposals will support beneficiaries, acting as Innovation Procurement Brokers, in developing and implementing a sustainable method for the successful facilitation of public procurement of innovation. A specific focus will be put on the broad area of topics related to healthcare, environmental sustainability and energy efficiency, mobility and transport issues, digital transformation and modernisation of public services within the European Single Market.
Among financed actions
* A Facilitator for networking activities and stakeholders management;
* Logistics, including travelling costs of participants;
* The proof of concepts of selected projects;
* Stakeholders’ costs relating to the participation in the process (the cost of procurement of the relevant goods or services is excluded from this funding).
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 36 months
– Non-profit organisations (private or public);
– Public authorities and their networks or associations (at European, national, regional or local level); – International organisations;
– Universities or educational institutions;
– Research centres;
– Private and profit making entities;
– Chambers of commerce and industry.