Sectors: Economy - Finances, SME Policy, Trade
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Third countries participating in the COSME program: Click here
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
COSME – EU SME Centre in China – 2020
Funds for: developing the presence of target SMEs on the Chinese market, increasing and diversifying their knowledge acquisition, exports, imports and investments
Priorities and funded actions:
* Assessing target SMEs’ readiness towards establishing and developing their commercial presence in the Chinese market by providing EU added-value support services;
* Assisting target SMEs towards establishing and developing a sustainable commercial presence in the Chinese market (through knowledge acquisition, exports, imports and investments) by providing EU-added value support services;
* Advising target SMEs on the opportunities and risks of the Chinese market so that they can take informed decisions on envisaged business relations with Chinese partners;
* Improving synergies and best practice sharing among EU business supporting organisations at European, national and regional level, with the ultimate goal to help the target SMEs intending to do business in China;
* Creating or further develop synergies with other EU funded actions (e.g. the Enterprise Europe Network and the SME IPR Helpdesk);
* Strengthening European advocacy for EU’s and COSME participating countries’ business communities related to their business activities in China
* To improve general knowledge of the opportunities of the Chinese market among target SMEs, and successfully supports target SMEs intending to do, or expand, business in China;
* To develop active partnerships and synergies with business networks and support organisations based in the EU and COSME participating countries in order to guarantee a significant outreach and marketing of its services to SMEs, in particular those having no China operations yet;
* To strengthen coordination of China-based EU business support actions through better local coordination as well as interaction with similar or connected EUfunded actions in Asia and in the EU;
* To enhance coordination on policy and advocacy papers and supports European business advocacy to help develop a more balanced and reciprocal economic relationship
Amongst financed actions
* Help raise awareness and knowledge among target SMEs on China’s large and complex market;
* Provide updated basic market entry services and basic legal advice, including information on Chinese technical regulations, standards and financing available in close collaboration with the China IPR SME Helpdesk;
* Organising roadshows, webinars, trainings;
* Gathering, compiling, analysing and translating information about the Chinese market that is relevant to target SMEs, while prioritising selected sectors;
* Providing advice and/or conducting due diligence on potential business partners;
* Giving SMEs broad access to publications, webinars and trainings on how to develop business in China;
* Establishing partnerships with business networks and business support organisations based in the EU and in COSME participating countries, including pan-European networks such as the Enterprise Europe Network and its Business Cooperation Centres in China, as well as with the SME IPR Helpdesk in China, and enabling those organisations to better advise their member companies;
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 18 months
– Be legal entities forming a consortium;
– Be business support organisations from EU Member States and/or COSME participating countries;
– Be businesses representing business economic interest of EU or COSME participating countries and offering in the first instance non-individualised services for promoting trade and investment between Europe and China;
– The consortium must be composed of at least three legal entities
* Actions must take place in the EU or China