Sectors: Culture - Media, Information, Local development, Public Management, Tourism
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: countries of the European neighbourhood policy
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support eligible countries’ National Administrations in charge of tourism, or other public bodies for the selection of one EDEN destination of excellence and up to 4 runners-up.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To reward those destinations which have developed a specific tourism offer based on their specific local gastronomy. This offer should have been implemented at least since 2012
– Tourism and local gastronomy
Eligible destinations shall
– be non-traditional and off-the beaten track
– have local authorities with a capacity in managing their destination in a way to ensure social, cultural and environmental sustainability
– have a management destination organisation that has a capacity in sustainable tourism management
– have agencies, NGOs or authorities with a capacity in adopting sustainable tourism practices