Sectors: Environment, Innovation, Local development, Services, Tourism, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* New Independant States: Ukraine, Moldova, Bielorussia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia,
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen competitiveness of the European tourism sector as well as its sustainability by encouraging diversification of the supply of tourist services and products.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support projects promoting transnational tourism routes/itineraries/trails, either physical or virtual
– To stimulate competitiveness of the tourism industry
– To encourage the diversification of the supply of tourism products and services by the development of sustainable tourism products
– To encourage the participation of SMEs and create a framework favourable to SMEs’ cooperation
– Focus on sustainable transnational tourism product/offer in sport or wellness activity tourism
– Be related to coastal or maritime or mountain or rural tourism
– Promote tourism to natural areas that benefits local communities and destinations environmentally, culturally and economically
– Transnational projects
– Promote sustainable tourism
Applicants are free to propose any kind of activities falling, as a minimum, in all of the following three areas
– developing and strengthening sustainable transnational tourism product through the development of concrete tourist offers/packages and the facilitation of their market uptake after the end of the project’s co-financing period
– promoting and enhancing the visibility of sustainable transnational tourism product through joint transnational promotion-communication activities and by, amongst others, providing comprehensive and practical information to potential tourists and other tourism stakeholders
– facilitating public-private partnerships and the integration of tourism-related enterprises, in particular small and micro enterprises, as well as local authorities in the supply chain of transnational tourism products as well as into regional development and tourism promotional strategies
Among financed actions
– Cooperation projects/activities
– Conferences, seminars, awareness raising events
– Training or research activities related to enhancing development of sustainable tourism
– Awareness and dissemination actions (e.g: producing of audio-visuals, communication activities, publications, websites, participation in fairs etc.)
– Actions aiming at the creation and improving of networks, exchanges of good practices
– Studies, analyses, mapping projects
– Developing of practical information for potential tourists (including tourism offers/packages)