Sectors: Employment, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Eligible countries :
– EU member countries
– Countries participating in the COSME programme in accordance with Article 6 of the COSME Regulation.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Cosme – Strategic alliances for the uptake of advanced technologies by SMEs on the economic recovery – 2020
Funds for: creating better framework conditions for competitiveness
Priorities and funded actions:
* Explore concrete collaboration opportunities between different type of EU businesses, particularly tech-savvy SMEs and traditional SMEs. These collaborations should improve industrial competences, increase resilience and add value to existing industrial sectors and value chains
* Increase the adoption of advanced technologies in traditional SMEs and help EU tech-savvy SMEs that developed critical technology applications to expand their market potential in the EU
* Exploit the strong potential of dynamic collaboration between the cluster organisations and their technology centres with a view to boosting the technological uptake and development of EU SMEs
* Develop businesses collaboration between different clusters from the same industrial ecosystem and create partnerships with other relevant industrial ecosystems
Priority 1: Intelligence gathering for more in-depth strategic identification of the needs of SMEs that could potentially participate in the project
Priority 2: Partnership building
Priority 3: Identification of the potential group of businesses targeted to participate in the project and justification of them being the best candidates.
Among financed actions
– Build strategic alliances between traditional SMEs
– Support the established strategic alliances in bridging with EU tech-savvy SMEs
– Organise and manage at least one virtual match-making event following and complementing each hackathon
– Organise technical assistance, provided by technology centres, for the uptake of the selected technologies by the traditional SMEs benefiting from the project
– Provide business support for the adaptation of the technologies to the SMEs in their cluster; provide support on access to public and private funding for the adoption of these technologies
– dentify opportunities and threats SMEs face while they intend to adopt advanced technologies and provide appropriate industrial policy recommendations for specific ecosystems and per each advanced technology
– Organise the necessary communication and dissemination activities to first mobilise EU traditional and tech-savvy SMEs, and then share best practices with other cluster organisations and technology centres
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: 24 months
– Be a legal entity
– Be representatives of industry, research community, and technology providers:
– Cluster organisations
– Technology centres