Sectors: Culture - Media
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims to support cultural and linguistic diversity in the Union and in other countries participating in the Culture Sub- programme and to promote the transnational circulation of high quality literary works
Priorities and funded actions:
– to improve access to high quality literary works in the Union and beyond and to reach new audiences
– supporting the circulation of European literature with a view to ensuring the widest possible accessibility
– supporting the promotion of European literature including the appropriate use of digital technologies in both the distribution and promotion of the works
– encouraging the translation and promotion of high quality European literature in the long term
– encouraging the translation from lesser-used languages into English, German, French and Spanish (Castilian), as such translations may contribute to a wider circulation of the works
– encouraging the translation of less represented genres such as works for young public (children, adolescents and young adult), comics/graphic novels, short stories or poetry
– encouraging the translation and promotion of works which have won the European Union Prize for Literature
Among financed actions
– the translation, publication, distribution and promotion of a package of eligible works of fiction with a high literary value, irrespective of their literary genre, such as novels, short stories, plays, poetry, comic books and children’s fiction
– special events and marketing/distribution organised for the promotion of the translated works in the EU and outside the EU, including digital promotion tools and promotion of authors at book fairs and literary festivals