Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Research, Services, Youth
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU member states
* UK, Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia
* Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Tunisia, Armenia, Kosovo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Creative Europe – Culture – Support to Literary Translation projects – 2020
Funds for: supporting cultural and linguistic diversity in the EU and in countries participating in the Culture Sub-programme
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support cultural and linguistic diversity in the EU and in countries participating in the Culture Sub-programme;
* To strengthen the transnational circulation and diversity of European literary works in the long term;
* To improve access to European literary works in Europe and beyond and reach new audiences
* To support the promotion of European translated literature;
* To encourage the translations from lesser used languages into English, German, French and Spanish (Castilian) as these contribute to a wider circulation of the works;
* To encourage the translation of less represented genres such as works for young public (children, adolescents and young adult), comics/graphic novels, short stories or poetry;
* To encourage the appropriate use of digital technologies in both the distribution and promotion of the works;
* To encourage the translation and promotion of books which have won the EU Prize for Literature
* To increase the visibility of translators. For that reason, publishers will be required to include a biography of the translators in each translated book
Among financed actions
* Translation, publication, distribution and promotion of a package of works of fiction with a high literary value;
* As a complement to the package, translation of excerpts of works of fiction from the catalogues of publishers and publishing houses to help foster the selling of rights either within Europe or beyond;
* Special events and marketing/distribution organised for the promotion of the translated works of fiction in the EU and outside the EU, including digital promotion tools and promotion of authors at book fairs and literary festivals
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action:
– For Category 1 – Two-year projects : 2 years
– For Category 2 – Framework partnership agreements : 3 years
– Be a legal person;
– Be a Publisher or publishing house established in one of the countries participating in the Culture Sub-programme;
– Be active in the publishing sector for at least 2 years on the date of the deadline for submission of applications
* The action must take place in an eligible country