Sectors: Culture - Media
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of this action is to increase the availability, the exploitation and the circulation of European works. Specifically, this action shall support the development of an online tool.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Enable to track all language versions available for any given film in as many official EU languages as possible; the online tool shall display a research feature based on diverse parameters, amongst them ISO standard identifiers
– Enable service providers (e.g. VOD services, catch-up TV services or cinema theatres) to easily find and use the different language versions they need following a simple and, if possible, automated transaction mechanism; the info displayed shall be accessible for film funds and potential sponsors of dubbing or subtitled versions, so that they can edit information regarding versions that they had supported
– Be either a self-standing platform or a feature added to an existing platform
– Develop a prototype
– Test the tool with the industry and define the conditions of governance and modalities for a sustainable business model
– Prepare recommendations on the conditions for a fully scalable implementation of such a tool
Among financed activities
– The activities relate to the design and experimentation of an online tool meeting the objectives defined in this call
– The activities must relate to European audiovisual works i.e. fiction, animation and creative documentary, including feature films, TV films or series