Sectors: Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information, Innovation, New technologies, Services, Telecommunications, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Investment Funds, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of this action is to increase the availability, the exploitation and the circulation of European works.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Find innovative solutions for high-quality film translation (e.g. crowdsourcing, machine translation etc.) (A);
– Enable tracking of language versions and enable service providers (e.g. VOD services, catch-up TV services or cinemas) to easily find the language version of their choice (B)
– Develop innovative solutions/processes/models for obtaining high-quality and cost effective language versions of films;
– Develop a tool/database that enables to track all language versions available for any given film in as many official EU languages as possible;
– Create a self-standing platform or a feature added to an existing platform
Among financed actions
– Costs of subtitling;
– Evaluation and research cost;
– Promotional cost;
– Costs associated with the launch, promotion and implementation of a public event disclosing the results of the action with policy makers and other stakeholders