Sectors: Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective is to test the added value of subtitling on the on-line circulation and outreach of European cultural programming in the European Union.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Test new business models for European audiovisual media service providers and assess whether providing subtitled versions of European TV programmes can help bridge the difficulties caused by linguistic fragmentation and increase audience numbers both within and beyond the European Union;
– Facilitate cross border online dissemination of cultural content which is often slowed down by linguistic borders;
– Compare the audience reach of similar audiovisual content with and without subtitling and share the results publicly with EU stakeholders and public policy makers
Among financed actions
– Costs of subtitling;
– Evaluation and research cost;
– Promotional cost (including an organisation of a contest to raise awareness about the project amongst the European audience and promote subtitled content available thanks to the preparatory action)