Sectors: Culture - Media, Industry, Innovation
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Balkans: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Newly Independant State: Georgia
European Economic Area: Norway, Iceland
Candidate country: Iceland
Other countries may add to the list of non-EU countries eligible under this call for proposals in the future. If so, the EU Commission will update the list (countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme) in due course.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support the transnational marketing, branding and distribution of audiovisual works on all non-theatrical platforms, including VOS platforms, and to promote new distribution modes of audiovisual works in order to allow the emergence of new business models.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To establish systems of support for the distribution of non-national European films through theatrical distribution and on other platforms, as well as for international sales activities, in particular the subtitling, dubbing and audio description of audiovisual works
– To support innovative actions testing new business models and tools in areas likely to be influenced by the introduction and use of digital technologies
This call is divided into three actions
– Action 1: Support to VOD services (3 650 000 euro)
– Action 2: Support to the development of “On Line Ready” packages (500 000 euro)
– Action 3: Support to innovative multiplatform releases (1 000 euro)
* Action 1
– To improve the presence, the visibility and the global audience of European audiovisual works on their platforms
* Action 2
– To improve the availability and visibility of European works in particular on VOD services provided in countries where those works are not available on any distribution platform
* Action 3
– To encourage innovative approaches for multiplatform releases of one or several European films
Among financed actions
* Action 1:
– Activities implemented by European VOD services in order to improve the presence, the visibility and the global audience of European audiovisual works on their platforms
* Action 2:
– Activities consisting in assembling and delivering digital packages of European audiovisual works, with a view to facilitating the commercialisation of European audiovisual works on VOD platforms available in the countries targeted by the MEDIA Sub-programme.
* Action 3:
– Activities consisting in experimenting with simultaneous or quasi-simultaneous releases of European films on a wide range of distribution platforms (festivals, cinemas, DVD, VOD services, television channels, etc.) and in a number of European territories, and aiming at developing new business models