Sectors: Culture - Media
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
In addition, countries covered by the European Neighbourhood Policy
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of this call for proposals is to support theatrical distribution through transnational marketing, branding, distribution and exhibition of audiovisual works.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To provide support for establishing systems of support for the distribution of non-national European films through theatrical distribution and on all other platforms as well as for international sales activities, in particular the subtitling, dubbing and audio-description of audiovisual works
– Encouraging and supporting the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in new non-national European films
– Promoting the development of links between the production and distribution sectors thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films and the competitiveness of European companies
Financed actions, 2 phases:
1) The generation of a potential fund, which will be calculated according to the performance of the company on the European market during the reference period
2) Reinvestment: the potential fund thus generated by each company must be reinvested in:
* Minimum guarantees or advances paid for the international sales rights on eligible European non-national films
* The promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films
– Activity designed to promote and sell the exploitation rights to a cinematographic film on the marketplace, in particular to cinema distributors
– Activity designed to bring to the attention of a wide audience a film for the purpose of exploitation in cinema theatres