Sectors: Culture - Media
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Countries participating in the Creative Europe Programme: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia
* Countries partially participating in the Creative Europe Programme: Georgie, Moldova, Ukraine, Tunisia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EACEA – MEDIA – Support for the distribution of non-national films – 2019
Funds for: supporting theatrical distribution through transnational marketing, branding, distribution and exhibition of audiovisual works
Priorities and funded actions:
* To establish systems of support for the distribution of non-national European films through theatrical distribution and on all other platforms as well as for international sales activities, in particular the subtitling, dubbing and audio-description of audiovisual works;
* To encourage and support the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to distributors and sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of new non-national European films;
* To encourage the development of links between the production and distribution sectors thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films and the competitiveness of European companies
Among financed actions:
* For action 1 – Support to Distributors
– The co-production of eligible non-national European films;
– The acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of eligible non‑national European films; and/or in
– The release of eligible non-national European films
*For action 2 – Support to Sales Agents
– Minimum guarantees or advances paid for the international sales rights on eligible non-national European films;
– The promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 18 months
– Be a non-profit organisation (private or public); a public authority (national, regional, local); an international organisation; a university; an educational institution; a research centre; a profit making entity;
> For action 1
– Be a cinema / theatrical distributor involved in commercial activity;
– Be the holder of the theatrical distribution rights for the film in the country concerned;
– Carry out the theatrical distribution of the film in the country (determines the release date, plans, controls and executes the distribution and promotion campaign);
– Pay directly the associated distribution costs;
– Be registered and have theatrical distribution operations in the country for which a grant is requested
> For action 2
– Be a European Sales Agent;
– Sell the film in at least 10 countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme
*The action must take place in countries taking part in the MEDIA programme