Sectors: Culture - Media, SME Policy, Youth
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EEA countries: Norway, Island
Balkan countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia
ENP, are partially eligible: Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Tunisie
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE funding – Creative Europe – Support…
Funds for : encouraging the screening of non-national European films
Main beneficiaries: cinema owners and operators
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
WE funding – CREA – Support…
Funds for: creating and operating a network of cinemas, encouraging cinema owners and operators to screen a significant proportion of non-national European films
Main beneficiaries : cinema owners and operators
Priorities and funded actions:
* Encouraging cinema owners and operators to screen a significant proportion of non- national European films;
* Eontributing to raise the interest of the audience for non-national films including through the development of educational and awareness-raising activities for young cinema-goers;
* Helping those cinemas to adapt their strategy to the changing environment including by promoting innovative approaches in terms of their offer, interaction with the audience and potential partnerships with other players of the film industry
* Screening of non-national European films in cinemas by cinema owners and operators;
* Development of educational and awareness-raising activities for young cinema-goers;
* Development of new business models including the use of innovative modes of distribution to increase the visibility and audience for European films;
* Creation and consolidation of a European cinema owners’ network developing common actions of this type;
* Introduction of digital cinema among exhibitors
Among financed actions
* Promotion and screening of European films;
* Educational activities to raise awareness among young cinema-goers;
* Promotion and marketing in cooperation with other distribution platforms;
* Networking: information, animation and communication;
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 12 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be established in one of the countries that are eligible;
– Be a cinema network of at least 100 cinemas;
– Candidate eligible is partner of the call for proposals EACEA/06/2018 who was awarded a two-year Framework Partnership Agreement in 2018
– Actions must take place in the European Union