Sectors: Culture - Media, Information
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries and new independant states : Beneficiaries of the ENPI
Balkans : candidate countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to reinforce the European audiovisual sector’s capacity to operate transnationally.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Increasing the capacity of audiovisual operators to develop European audiovisual works with a potential to circulate in Europe and beyond and to facilitate European and international co-productions
– Encouraging business to business exchanges by facilitating access to markets and business tools for audiovisual operators to increase the visibility of their projects on European and international markets
– Facilitating access to professional audiovisual trade events and markets and the use of online business tools inside and outside the Union
– Facilitating circulation of European films worldwide and of international films in the Union on all distribution platforms, via international cooperation projects in the audiovisual sector
Among financed actions
* Action 1: Access to (physical) markets for European professionals
– Activities aiming at improving the conditions governing access for European professionals, projects and works to professional audiovisual markets within and outside the countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme, such as co-production and financing initiatives and events and/or trade event and markets for finished works
* Action 2: Online tools intended for the professionals
– Creation and development of a database and/or a network of databases of European programmes and/or professionals of the A/V industry, intended for professionals.
– Creation and development of tools on the European A/V and/or cinema industry targeted at the professionals
* Action 3: Common European promotional activities
– The implementation of common promotional activities within and outside the countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme, organized by pan European networks or organisations representing at least 15 countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme, aimed at facilitating the distribution and circulation of European A/V and/or cinematographic works and the networking of European professionals
– The setting up and launching of promotional initiatives and platforms, aimed at creating innovative ways of distributing/releasing of European A/V and cinematographic works and encouraging the networking and exchange of information and good practices between professionals. These activities shall be organised and coordinated by a grouping composed of at least 3 different entities from 3 different countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme