Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Industry
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Priorities and funded actions:
– The development of European audiovisual works in particular films and television works such as fiction, documentaries, children’s and animated films, as well as interactive works such as videogames and multimedia with enhanced cross-border circulation potential;
– Activities aiming at supporting European audiovisual production companies, in particular independent production companies, with a view to facilitating European and international co-productions of audiovisual works including television works.
– High creative/artistic value and cultural diversity;
– Wide cross-border potential able to reach audiences at European and international levels;
– Greater cooperation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme;
– Enhanced audience reach based on strategies for marketing and distribution envisaged from the development phase.
Among financed projets
– Feature films, animations and creative documentaries of a minimum length of 60 minutes intended primarily for cinematic release;
– Fiction projects (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 90 minutes, animation (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 24 minutes and creative documentaries (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 50 minutes intended primarily for the purposes of television.
– Fiction projects of a total duration or user experience of minimum 90 minutes, animation of a total duration or user experience of minimum 24 minutes and creative documentaries of a total duration or user experience of minimum 50 minutes intended primarily for the purposes of Digital platform exploitation. For projects presenting a user experience in a non-linear format (e.g. Virtual Reality), these minimums do not apply.
– The digital platform is addressing the following types of projects: animation, creative documentaries and fiction projects intended for multiple screen-based devises, interactive projects, linear and non-linear web-series and narrative virtual reality projects.