Sectors: Culture - Media, Education - Training
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs, Training centres
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of this call is to stimulate the interest of the audiences, in particular young audiences, in European films and audiovisual works. The aim is to promote film literacy and film education in order to increase audiences knowledge of European films and increasing the interest in these films, including works of the audiovisual and cinematographic heritage. It will also address the contribution that European films and other audiovisual works can make to education
Priorities and funded actions:
– Activities aimed at promoting film literacy and at increasing audiences’ knowledge of, and interest in, European audiovisual works, including the audiovisual and cinematographic heritage, in particular among young audiences;
– Facilitating the circulation of European films worldwide and of international films in the Union on all distribution platforms, via international cooperation projects in the audiovisual sector
– Supporting audience development as a means of stimulating interest in, and improving access to, European audiovisual works in particular through promotion, events, film literacy and festivals
Among financed actions
– Projects providing mechanisms for better cooperation between film education initiatives in Europe with the aim to improve the efficiency and European dimension of these initiatives and to develop new and innovative projects, especially using digital tools. The target audience of the film education initiatives must be young people below 19 years old;
– Projects providing mechanisms for increasing the contribution of existing European films and audiovisual works to education, including curated catalogues of films