Sectors: Culture - Media, Information, Telecommunications, Trade
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme: Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia, Iceland, Georgia (partially), Moldova (partially), Ukraine (partially), Tunisia (partially)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Creative Europe – Support for the Distribution of non-national films – Distribution and Sales Agents Automatic Scheme – 2020
Funds for: promoting transnational circulation of European films
Priorities and funded actions:
* To encourage and support the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to distributors and sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of new non-national European films;
* To encourage the development of links between the production and distribution sectors thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films and the competitiveness of European companies
* Supporting theatrical distribution through transnational marketing, branding, distribution and exhibition of audiovisual works;
* Improvement in the trans-national distribution of recent non-national European films;
* Increasing in the investment in the production, acquisition, promotion, theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films
Among financed actions
* For Action 1 – Support to Distributors
– Co-production of eligible non-national European films;
– Acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of eligible non‑national European films;
– Release of eligible non-national European films
* For Action 2 – Support to Sales Agents
– Minimum guarantees or advances paid for the international sales rights on eligible non-national European films;
– Promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 18 months
– Be European companies active in the audiovisual sector
– For action 1
> Be a cinema / theatrical distributor involved in a commercial activity designed to bring to the attention of a wide audience a film for the purpose of exploitation in cinema theatres
– For action 2
> Be a European Sales Agent
> Be a European company acting as an intermediary agent for the producer, who specializes in the commercial exploitation of a film by marketing and licensing a film to distributors or other purchasers for foreign countries
> The sales agent must be appointed by the producer of each film declared or supported by way of a written contract or agreement
-Actions must take place in the EU