Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support the organisation of European film festivals with a view to presenting and promoting a diversity of European audiovisual works and increasing film literacy and interest of audiences.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support audience development as a means of stimulating interest in and improving access to European audiovisual works in particular through promotion, events, film literacy and festivals;
– To support initiatives presenting and promoting a diversity of European audiovisual works;
– To support activities aiming at increasing knowledge and interest of audiences in European audiovisual works.
– To encourage European audiovisual festivals taking place in countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme which demonstrate strong efficiency in audience development by implementing activities before, during or after the event including and a commitment to innovative actions;
– To encourage initiatives for film literacy in close cooperation with schools and other institutions, place strong emphasis on European films in general.
Among financed actions
– Audiovisual festival programming eligible films (fiction, documentaries or animation), that are being screened to wide audiences including general public as well as accredited international audiovisual professionals and press;
– Audiovisual festival taking place over a specific period of time, in a prior defined city;
– Audiovisual festival having a clear regulation/selection procedure.