Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Education - Training
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Asia, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
– To support cultural and linguistic diversity in the EU and in other countries participating in the Culture Sub-programme of the Creative Europe Programme;
– To strengthen the transnational circulation and diversity of high quality literary works in the long term; – To improve access to these literary works in the EU and beyond;
– To reach new audiences for quality literary translated works
Priorities and funded actions:
– Supporting the promotion of European translated literature;
– Encouraging the translations from lesser used languages into English, German, French and Spanish (Castilian) as these may contribute to a wider circulation of the works;
– Encouraging the translation of less represented genres such as works for a younger public (children, adolescents and young adult), comics/graphic novels, short stories or poetry etc.
Among financed actions
– Translation, publication, distribution and promotion of a package of eligible works of fiction with a high literary value, irrespective of their literary genre, such as novels, short stories, plays, poetry, comic books and children’s fiction