Sectors: Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Carribean-Pacific : Trinidad and Tobago
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support CSOs’ contributions to, and increase their participation in promoting accountability, inclusive national development and policy making in Trinidad and Tobago.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Enhance the contribution of Trinidad and Tobago’s CSOs in reinforcing governance and domestic accountability
– Support CSOs in their efforts to promote transparency and accountability of decision making, to strengthen democratic governance, policy implementation and the rule of law
– Supporting initiatives promoting improved democratic governance, accountability at country level and with public authorities, such as independent budget analysis, expenditure tracking etc.
– Promotion of a conducive environment for CSOs to operate in their areas of engagement
– Equitable partnerships for capacity development between local and European CSOs; these should include mentoring and coaching, peer learning, networking, and building of linkages from the local to the global level
– Strengthening of alliances, coalitions, issue based networks, their internal governance and democratic representation and the inclusion and empowerment of their members and constituencies, particularly those at the grassroots
– Promotion of innovation and implementation of best practises with the potential of further replication at a greater scale