Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role of civil society and local authorities in Ukraine in promoting transparent and participatory governance, democratic reforms and human rights, in facilitating the peaceful conciliation of group interests, and in ensuring inclusive socioeconomic development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance civil society’s role in promoting rule of law, democratic reforms and increase public accountability;
– To enhance the role of civil society in promoting socially fairer and environmentally sustainable economic development, peacebuilding and reconciliation, including through empowerment of women and youth;
– To strengthen the role of Ukrainian civil society in promoting human rights and fundamental freedoms;
– To empower local authorities to respond to citizens’ demands and to promote inclusive and sustainable local development.
Among financed actions
– Policy advice, monitoring and oversight: assessment of progress in policy implementation and fulfilment of Ukraine’s international commitments;
– Media products exposing corruption and raising awareness on possible ways to counteraction, media products on activities of anti-corruption institutions and reform processes;
– Financial support to third parties (re-granting schemes) in accordance with the specific objectives of this call for proposals;
– Coalition-building and support to strengthening networks of civil society actors that may facilitate coordination and advocacy.