Sectors: Co-op & Development, Social Affairs, Tourism
Beneficiaries: International Organisation
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Country: Cape Verde
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
To promote sustainable tourism as a factor for income growth and to improve socio-economic conditions at Cape Verde.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribue of national diversification of tourism in areas where it is underdevelopped : cultural tourism, countryside, community, religious, ecotourism, active tourism, inclusive etc.;
– To create a new dynamic community and a quality countryside tourism involving the needs of remoted areas;
– To network civil society (associations and others stakeholders related to tourism industry), autorithies and communities to broadcoast cultural, environmental or social initiatives and the offer of attractions and touristic infrastructures on local islands;
– To contribute to enhance the capacities and sustainability of civil society organisations enabling the consolidation of key stakeholders in local gouvernance process for political, social and economical dialogue. It also contributes to an inclusive and sustainable development and to provide services at a decentralized level;
– To help changing atittudes and improve individual and collective responsability on issues related to environmental protection, to the respect of local municipality decisions, to gender equality, to the promotion of minority rights and vulnerable persons, to cooperatives and public health (stray animals, waste management etc.) etc.
– Environmental aspects, promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities, disabled people needs, minority rights, innovation or best practices;
– Collaboration of participative approach for community associations, local organizations and local autorithies with the purpose of create an sustainable network (for instance using a third party);
– The growth of touristical offers in the cultural and environmental protection, and patrimonial protection;
– Durability and collaboration initiatives or already existing organization durability;
– Remoted areas and/or remoted islands with touristic attractivity potential.